Friday, December 25, 2009

Espresso De La Nuit Norie - by Niigata Beer

Niigata Beer - Espresso De La Nuit Noire - Niigata Prefecture - 7% - 350 ml bottle:
Taste: Variety of flavors here: espresso coffee, chocolate, nuts, very sweet, bitter aftertaste, hits of vanilla extract, heavy/syrupy texture, Guinness-like but more intense, not hoppy- but has a bite similar to bitter-chocolate.
Smell: Potent chocolate & coffee, whiffs of vanilla extract, alcohol and sweetness.
Look: Black- can't see through this beer, small but beautiful brown stained head which dissipated in about 2 minuets, just a little lacing lingers; looks like black coffee, noticed some shades of brown around the rim of the glass.
Verdict: Yeah I like this; guess I like most stouts then, but this one hides its high ABV reasonably well with its complex flavor. This a better than average stout but far from the best; I just really like to root for the little guys. The bottle is simple yet mysteriously attractively- it's what caught my attention in the first place. I drank this on Christmas Eve alone- so it holds a special place in my heart now ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment