Sunday, December 6, 2009

Fujizakura Kogen - Octoberfest Weizen

Fujizakura Kogen - Octoberfest Weizen - Yamanashi Prefecture - UK (weizen-style) Pint @ Bulldog Pub:
Taste: Wheat brings out banana, hints of orange & lemon, slightly smokey, fizzy from carbonation.
Smell: Bubble gum is up front here, whiffs of banana.
Looks: Great thick head, strong lace which hold, very opaque - reminiscent of apple cider, remains carbonated even after an hour! (So I was drinking slow - problem for you?!)Verdict: Maybe I've mentioned I'm not too into wheat beers, but here in Japan I've had an opportunity to expand my mind and try some interesting takes on this style, this Octoberfest weizen was smooth, creamy and actually hit the spot nicely, much more enjoyable than a regular weizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment