Friday, November 13, 2009

Kinshachi - IPA

Kinshachi - IPA - Aichi Prefecture - 7% - 330 ml bottle:
Taste: I got a sweet and hoppy taste from this IPA, detected malt, and raisins contributing to the sweetness.
Smell: Sweet to the nose as well, honey, and dried fruits.
Looks: A deep caramel, an average head and decent lacing.Verdict: I gave this beer on draft a positive review and it's no different here. A great strong IPA; I really enjoy strong brews- you don't have to drink as much to get going; the trick is to find that balance between taste and ABV- Kinshachi nails it here!
Pairing notes: I happened to drink this while eating a lunch box in which there were some caramelized onions, I couldn't help but to note how good this beer went with their sweet roasted taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment