Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yona Yona Ale - by Yo-Ho

Yo-Ho - Yona Yona Ale - Nagano Prefecture - 5.5% - 350 ml can:
Taste: Fruity foremost, tropical, medium hops, subtle malt, a truly good balance. Although no bubbles to show- it feels somewhat carbonated.
Smell: Fruit variety, subdued hops & malt, a very pleasant aroma.
Looks: Golden and clear, pours with a healthy head- which settles in about two minuets, lace is strong, beautiful.Verdict: As far as jibiru goes, I have a longstanding relationship with this beer- as it was my initial introduction to good Japanese beer back in 2007. What else can I say, I love this ale, except that I love it even more as Real-ale (i.e. cask-conditioned). I've drank this many times and frankly I don't get sick of it; this is a great session beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment