Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tanakaya - beer, wine & spirits shop

A good liquor shop can be a challenge to find; a good beer store can be impossible to find -- so if you do discover one, it become precious, and if you happen to find one in Japan- well, it becomes sacred.
This is just one of 4 isles, all are stock to the brim!
Tanakaya is hand's down the most complete beer/wine & spirits store I have ever been in; I'm just amazed a place like this exists in Tokyo - and luckily for me, not too far away either.
The jibiru is placed in an open-cooler
Tanakaya is where I go to find the best selection of jibiru; they switch up their offerings often- giving me a compelling reason to hit it up week-after-week. On any given visit you can expect to find a complete offering of Shiga Kogen, Swan Lake, and Baird - but they rotate through the other small breweries of Japan quite regularly; I've bought beers from Fujizakura, Bayern Meister, Harvestmoon, and Hakusekikan to name just a few. You won't find a better selection of jibiru anywhere.
Much more consideration is given to the imported beers
They have quite an amazing selection of beers from all the key countries- meaning America, the UK, Germany and Belgium; while I'm not here to buy any of those, I've browsed through and have decided their offering from these countries is superior as well. For a city that doesn't stray much from Super Dry or Premium Malt- Tanakaya bests the best NYC has to offer... and don't get me started on their Whisky selection and separate temperature controled Wine room.
Just one of 3 glass-racks!
And just to make sure their offering is superior to all others- they have the most complete glass selection I have ever seen! Tanakaya is my savior out here; without this store I would be a much poorer person.

No comments:

Post a Comment