Thursday, November 26, 2009

Preston - Pale Ale

Preston - Pale Ale - Ibaraki Prefecture - 5% - 330 ml bottle @ La-Cachette bar:
Taste: Light to medium hops and malts- not too bitter nor sweet; subtle fruitiness- apple, orange, peach; clean, crisp & refreshing.
Smell: Whiff of hops, sweetness, honey.
Look: Golden-yellow, light brown body, a little hazy, poured with head, left behind some lace.
Verdict: I go to pale ales to escape the intensity of IPAs- if I want a hoppy ale I simply order an IPA- so I can't say I was disappointed with the low intensity of the hops. This turned out to be the refreshing beer I was looking for. How about it as a Pale Ale though? Okay I guess... I can't complain; though at this point I gotta admit I'm not sure how into Preston I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment