Sunday, January 10, 2010

Seisyomaru - Ramen shop

Being absent minded is not always a bad thing, sometimes good things can come from your "faults"; in my case- forgetting to take a certain path home led me to this particular ramen shop. I caught my mistake when I came across this strange aluminum-sided building advertising some tasty looking ramen - I instantly knew I had not walked by here before. And isn't it amazing what can be hiding just out of sight; for months I was passing by just one block away from this shop, always turning off it's street just prior to it coming into view... food for thought (no pun intended).
It wasn't long before I had a chance to see what fate had placed in my lap (or on the counter in-front of me). A friend and I did a little homework first and we found out the ramen served here is thick-soup based, a style that due to strong flavors- I have found to be particularly pleasing to my pallet. That was enough for me to go on, well that and that it's only a few minuets walk from my apartment- no excuses, must now eat.
Knowing that I enjoy this type of broth in the tsukemen fashion I ordered exactly this... but before you get distraught from the above picture - I know that egg isn't supposed to come with this dish... it's just that I was in the mood for tomango, asked nicely and they obliged... nontraditional yes, but I know your jealous just the same ;-P

Seisyomaru make their broth with pork & chicken bone, fish and vegetables. In the tsukemen soup- chashu is cut into course chunks that sink to the bottom, vegetables in general are cut smaller and blended-in to make this more stew-like than soup, topped off with [fish powder] which is seen here sitting on-top of a piece or nori, a slice of [fish paste] sits atop of it all adding some color to an otherwise unlively soup.
My friend wanted to see the range offered here and so went with [soup-based] ramen. Here the toppings are cut broad- completely hiding the noodles, and again portraying that this place is more about substance than style.

Seisyomaru is not the best ramen in Kyodo, but it plays an essential role in the limited offerings of this town- serving up a thick broth and satisfying tsukemen.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I'm Watanabe Tomoyuki
    questioner about craft-beer in Shinbashi.
    If you like please look my blog
    http://d.hatena.ne.jp/porco-cesio/
    I beg yourkindness.

    ReplyDelete