Thursday, January 14, 2010

Shiro - by Coedo

Coedo - Shiro (German Hefeweizen) - Saitama Prefecture - 5.5% - 333 ml bottle:
Taste: Banana! - wheat notes, fizzy, cream, caramel, citrus fruits, cloves and hops.
Smell: The usual suspects: wheat, yeast, banana, and citrus.
Look: Cloudy deep golden-straw, strong head and lace, continuous flow of carbonation.
Verdict: I had this beer months ago but forgot to record any info on it, I really enjoyed it and it's been on my mind ever since. Today we became reacquainted by chance... and I still love it! This could be the best weizen I've had - definitely the best I've had out here (sorry Ginga Kogen). Lots of banana (my favorite fruit), yeah other flavors too... but if there ever was a banana-beer - this is it! Yay banana! Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment